Indaba: Calls for papers and scores
Our calls for scores and papers for the Indaba 2019 to be held at UNISA Sunnyside Campus (Pretoria) has been delayed due to pending outcomes from certain funding agencies. We trust they will be published shortly though.
New album, featuring works by Malcolm Dedman
Sounds of Spirit (Live)by Ensemble Contempora
This album will take the listener on an interesting and memorable spiritual journey and consists of a selection of instrumental pieces, recorded during a live concert given in Skopje, Macedonia, in November 2015.
◆Sponsored by Sichuan Conservatory of Music
◆Organized by Composition Department of Sichuan Conservatory of Music
Research Institute of Composition Technique of Sichuan Conservatory of Music
◆Chairman of the Organizing Committee
Prof. Zhou Siyuan
President of the Sichuan Conservatory of Music
◆Chairman of the Jury
Prof. Peter Swinnen
President of International Society for Contemporary Music (ISCM)
The competition of this year is chamber music, and the establishment of music instruments to be selected of 1-9 instrumentalists combined willingly and the same instrument is not more than 4. (Without any electronic instrument, equipment and computer)
The composition should be under 12 minutes.
1. All students. (No limitation on nationalities, regions and ages).
2. The composition should be written any style and in last three years.
3. The composition must be unpublished, and must not have been awarded in any other contest prizes.
4. Each candidate is allowed to offer only one piece for the competition and should not enter for the competition with others' name.
◆How to enter
Candidates should fill out the entry form (enclosed) and offer the copies of the ID and the Student ID card, as well as 7 copies of the composition score.
The composition should be delivered by the registered letter to the Competition Committee before the deadline.
The score of the computer file (PDF format) should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at same time.
Committee of 15th SUN RIVER PRIZE Students' New Music Composition Competition
Research Institute of Composition Technique,
No.6 Xinsheng Road, Chengdu, 610021 Sichuan, P.R.China
Mr. Gou Yong
Tel & Fax +86-28-8543 0253
Deadline: 20th October 2019
（Entries must be received before 20th October 2019）
◆ Website: http://www.sccm.cn/sunriver/index.html
We recommend the candidates to offer the CD record of the composition, but the audio files are not required.
All materials offered by the candidates (including scores and CD) will not be returned.
◆Award and Prizes
1st Prize (1): RMB ￥15,000 (pre-tax) and the certificate.
2nd Prize (2): RMB ￥10,000 (pre-tax) and the certificate.
3rd Prize (3): RMB ￥5,000 (pre-tax) and the certificate.
Honorable Mention (several): the certificate.
The juries have the rights to decide the prizes and the number of the vacant winners, and the jury's decision is final.
1. During the selection of the competition, any prize-winning composition could be published and played permanently and freely by the sponsors.
2. Please do not write your name and any non-musical notes on the composition score, otherwise the candidates cannot enter for the selecting procedure.
3. The entry form is enclosed (copy is available), which should be posted after being filled out with the record and copies of the composition score.